NORTHEAST OKLAHOMA REGIONAL ALLIANCE (NORA)
NORA Scholarship for Graduate Students and Undergraduate Students at Northeastern State University
DEADLINE: Completed application form must be received by Monday, October 17, 2016, 5:00 p.m.
As part of its eighth annual regional summit on October 25, Northeast Oklahoma Regional Alliance (NORA) will award up to $7,000 to Northeastern State University students in the form of both undergraduate and graduate scholarships.
To enter, NSU students should: (1) complete and return the attached form by Monday, October 17 at 5:00 pm, and (2) compile a tri-fold tabletop poster presentation and provide a summary to judges on October 24th on “business involvement in public education.” It could be a compare & contrast on techniques, new research, a detailed proposal, case study or something else that demonstrates how and/or why businesses are and/or should be involved in public education.
1. The NORA graduate scholarship recipient must be pursuing a master’s or doctorate degree at Northeastern State University (any NSU campus). The amount of the graduate scholarship will be up to $2,000, to be awarded in equal amounts for the fall and spring semesters.
2. The NORA undergraduate scholarship recipient must be pursuing a bachelor’s degree at Northeastern State University (any NSU campus). The amount of the undergraduate scholarship will be up to $1,000, to be awarded in equal amounts for the fall and spring semesters.
3. Applicants may be enrolled either full-time or part-time.
4. Applicants must be in academic good standing.
Deadline and Selection/Award Process
1. The attached application form for this scholarship must be returned to email@example.com and RECEIVED BY MONDAY, OCTOBER 17, 2016, with the scholarship being awarded for the current academic year (2016-17). Failure to submit this form on time will result in disqualification.
2. Tri-fold tabletop poster presentations will be reviewed by judges from NORA on Monday, October 24, 2016 in the NSU Herb Rozell Ballroom in Tahlequah. Students should be available to provide a brief oral explanation of their poster, but if unable to attend, may provide a one-page typed summary.
3. Finalists will be invited to attend a session at the NORA regional summit on Tuesday, October 25, 2016, at which time they will be notified if they have been selected to receive a scholarship and the amount awarded.
4. The recipients may be invited to additional NORA meetings in the future to present their poster.
5. Scholarship money will be disbursed into the student’s account in the fall and spring semesters after the award is made, subject to proof of enrollment;
6. Failure to meet the submission deadline will cause disqualification.